Grandma's Benefits of Vinegar List
Weird but Amazing!
Are the benefits of vinegar an instant remedy for all the ills of this world, a magical nostrum, a mystical elixir or a liquid cure all? Some believe it is something very close to this!
Apple cider vinegar contains the healthy goodness of apples, concentrated into a teaspoon of golden liquid. It is packed with essential amino acids and healthful enzymes. And so it comes as no surprise that some individuals have claimed this natural storehouse of vitamins and minerals will cure all that ails mankind-and even extend life and youthfulness.
Below are several lists of the benefits of vinegar. Remember, these are only folk remedies handed down from parents to child to grandchild, over many generations. These are not scientifically proven cures!
Live a Long, Healthy, Vital Life
It's no wonder apple cider vinegar is a time-honored prescription for those who want to retain vitality and good health well into old age. Through the ages it has been prescribed as an aid in maintaining general health, preventing disease, controlling weight, easing the discomfort of coughs, colds and breathing difficulties, and settling a disturbed digestive system.
Healthy recipes and benefits of vinegar:
- Ensure long life and health: by drinking vinegar every day. Simply add a tablespoon to a full glass of water and drink it down.
- The way to stay healthy and alert: well into old age, is to combine 1 teaspoon of vinegar, 1 teaspoon of honey, and a full glass of water. Take this tonic 3 times a day, ½ hour before meals.
- For a long, vigorous life, filled with robust good health: sip a vinegar tonic, very slowly, before each meal. Mix together and begin drinking immediately: 1 cup of warm water, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- The most palatable way to take a daily does of vinegar: is to add a small dollop of clover honey to a tablespoon of vinegar and a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it all together and drip this healthy dressing over a small bowl of greens.
- A healthy promoting salad dressing: can be made from ¼ cup of vinegar, ¼ cup of corn oil, and 1/8 cup honey. Mix well and serve at the evening meal to keep the whole family in good health.
- Memory can e greatly improved: by drinking a glass of warm water before each meal, with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar stirred in.
The Benefits of Vinegar are
Known to Fight Germs!
Traditional medical systems are sickness oriented, designed to respond to illness. But good health and extending the prime of life, begins with a body that is maintained, every single day, by good eating and health practices. A healthy, ageless body requires a diet rich in a wide assortment of nutrients. And the safest way to get adequate nutrients is to supply the body with a varied diet. It should meet all known nutritional requirements and be enhanced with lots of trace elements.
Once you read the benefits of vinegar tips you'll see why these folk remedies have been passed down for thousands of years.
- To relieve pain of a sore throat caused by a cold: mix together ¼ cup honey and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. Take 1 tablespoon every 4 hours. May be taken more often if needed.
- Ease the discomfort of a sore throat and speed healing: by sipping occasionally on a syrup made of ½ cup apple cider vinegar, ½ cup water, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 3 tablespoons honey.
- A vinegar gargle can ease the pain of a sore throat: Just gargle with a glass of warm water to which a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar has been added. Repeat as needed. This also acts as a great mouthwash!
- Sooth a dry night cough: by sprinkling the pillowcase with apple cider vinegar.
- A small amount of vinegar, taken every day: keeps the urinary tract nice and acidy. This is useful to reduce the likelihood of getting a kidney or bladder infection.
- To chase away a cold: soak an eight-inch square of brown paper (cut from a paper grocery bag) in apple cider vinegar. When the paper is saturated, sprinkle it with pepper and bind to the chest with a cloth strips, pepper side of the paper next to the skin. After 20 minutes, remove the paper and wash the chest, being careful not to become chilled.
The Benefits of Vinegar will also
Ease Pain and Suffering
Scientists know humans need very tiny amounts of hundreds of as yet largely unidentified compounds. Nutritional researchers are constantly discovering minerals, enzymes, amino acids, and other substances and essences the body needs for complete health. Exactly how the body uses trace elements remains a medical mystery. Nor has science identified the amount needed of most of them.
Doctors do know a tiny deficiency, a missing milli-micro-gram of an important element can result in sickness, premature aging, or damage to the mind. The best advice nutritional scientists can give is to eat a diet of assorted foods, making a broad spectrum of nutrients available to the body.
The Benefits of Vinegar uses to ease pain and suffering
- Headaches will fade away if you follow this simple procedure: add a dash of apple cider vinegar to the water in a vaporizer and inhale the vapors for 5 minutes. Lay quietly and the headache should be relieved in 20 minutes.
- Hiccups: will disappear if you sip, very slowly, a glass of warm water with 1 teaspoon of vinegar in it.>/li>
- An Unsettled Stomach: will calm down if you sip quietly on a glass of very warm water, to which has been added 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. This is also food for easing gas.
- If a Headache will not go away: try a paper bag hat. Soak the bottom of the open edges of a brown paper bag in apple cider vinegar. Put the bag on the head (like a chefs hat) and tie it in place with a long scarf. The headache should be relieved in 45 minutes.
- Those plagued with nighttime leg cramps can find relief by supplementing meals with a glass of water, fortified with apple cider vinegar.
- Prevent leg cramps: by combining 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon calcium lactate in ½ glass of water. This is taken once a day.
- Soothe tired or sprained muscles: by wrapping the afflicted area with a cloth wrung out of apple cider vinegar. Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and repeat as needed. For extra special relief, add a good dash of cayenne pepper to the vinegar.
- Banish the discomfort of nausea or vomiting: by placing a cloth wrung out of warm apple cider vinegar on the stomach. Repeat with another warm cloth when it cools.
I realize after reading some of these benefits of vinegar folk remedies you must be wondering if Grandma finally went over the edge. But I can assure you, they have been known to help people suffering from simple to chronic ailments for thousands of years.
Of course if you are now taking any medication at all, or under a doctors care, always check with your physician before trying any folk remedies.